Here is Bing shopping data feed requirements a Microsoft Merchant Center makes for the filesize of the feeds depending on the uploading mechanism:
- manual upload for files under 4MB
- uploading by FTP/SFTP for files up to 1GB
- automatic download from feed URL for files under 1GB
Additionally, a shop owner can upload an existing Google Shopping feed by using a Google Merchant Center import tool.
Omega Shopping Feeds module supports the most common of the provided uploading mechanisms: feed URL generation and FTP/SFTP uploading. You can also upload the generated feed manually if it satisfies the file size limit.
Uploading via FTP/SFTP
Microsoft recommends to use this option for feeds that have files with the size between 4 MB and 1 GB.
To obtain credentials for FTP/SFTP uploading follow the procedure:
- In the browser navigate to the Microsoft Advertising page
- On the global menu of this service click Microsoft Merchant Center
- Find your store and click on it
- Select the Feeds tab of your store
- Locate the feed you wish to upload and click on it
- Click on the button Update feed
- Select the update method via FTP/SFTP
- Click change FTP account and update your FTP credentials
- Return to the previous page and specify the feed file without the file extension
- Click Update feed
Use any comfortable to you program or command line to upload the file by the FTP/SFTP.
In the Omega Shopping Feeds navigate to the feed you need to upload and click Edit then click Upload feed button. Here you will need to specify the details of your SFTP or FTP account.
To upload the feed file via SFTP set the following information:
- Auto Upload: set time interval of the automatic feed uploading
- Protocol: SFTP
- Host: ftps://feeds.adcenter.microsoft.com
- Port: 19321
- User: username for SFTP or FTP account
- Password: password for SFTP or FTP account
- Upload directory: leave this field blank for Bing Shopping feed
Click the Save button to finish changes. Press Upload feed now to immediately send the product feed to the Merchant Center.
To manually upload the feed file you need to download it first. In your Shopify store navigate to the Omega Shopping Feeds app and switch to the Feeds tab. In the list of all feeds locate the product feed you wish to manually upload and click on it.
In the Feed Information section find the feed URL and download the xml file it provides to your local drive.
Next visit Microsoft Advertising page and in the the top menu of this site click Tools. In the menu that follows click on the Microsoft Merchant Center. Navigate to your store, click on it and then click the Feed management tab. Select the file’s associated feed checkbox and activate Manual. Provide the path to the xml file you have downloaded previously and upload it.
Automatic product feed downloading from feed URL
Microsoft merchant Center can automatically fetch product feed file by its URL. The file with the shopping feed will be automatically visited every 24 hours.
To configure uploading by URL follow the procedure:
- Navigate to your store in the Microsoft Merchant Center menu
- Click on the Feed management tab
- Select the feed you wish to be uploaded
- Click the Feed settings tab
- Under the Feed file option activate switch Automatically download file from URL and enter the feed URL
Specify the username and password if required to access the product feed file.
Upload from the Google Merchant Center
If you supply your product feed to the Google Merchant Center it may be easier for you to set up the Omega Shopping Feeds for uploading to Google Merchant Center, and then configure Microsoft Merchant Center to fetch data from it. Get detailed information on using the Google Merchant Center importing tool.